Everyone at Catalyst Physical Therapy wants to thank you for your continued support. During these uncertain and scary times we want to continue putting out positive energy into the world. Our top priority has always been, and will continue to be, your safety and health, both mental and physical. As many of you know we are keeping our doors open for the essential in-house visits and are providing tele-health visits for those not wanting to venture out into the public as well as those that fall in the high-risk population.
Although we have been directed to stay home by Governor Bullock until April 24th, this does not mean you should put your health on the back burner. This is not a time to neglect your health, it is actually the perfect opportunity to invest in your mental and physical well-being. Catalyst wants to make sure you are doing something everyday (whether big or small) to take care of yourself.
Now is the time to stay focused on your overall health so your body can stay resilient in fighting off illness. To boost your immune system, stay active everyday. Here are a few tips to help.
- Get outside. Go for a walk, go on a bike ride, go for a fun run. Direct sunlight is our body’s main source of vitamin D, which has been known to help with fighting off illness.
- Meditate. This can clear our heads of all the uncertainty of the future. Set aside a designated time to reflect on what is important to you. This will help to ease your stress, lower blood pressure and allow you to feel some sense of control.
- Focus on the wonder of human movement. This might include virtual Yoga or a Barre class, in-home workout or stretching. Or try something completely out of your comfort zone. Whatever you enjoy for movement will help you feel better mentally and physically.
- Make sure you are getting enough sleep.
- Drink plenty of water and even more if you are exercising. Staying hydrated will help your body stay healthy, happy and prevent sickness.
- Eat as cleanly as possible. Cook with fresh ingredients and avoid processed foods. Now is the perfect time to learn to cook something new.
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy and Stay Active.
~ The Catalyst Physical Therapy Crew